The Dalwood Parish History
Approximately 3 miles from the nearest town of Axminster, Dalwood is a rural village and Devon county parish in the East Devon district.
Located just of the main A35 road between Axminster and Honiton, Dalwood is in The Blackdown Hills Area of outstanding Natural Beauty. Part of an outlier of Dorset, Dalwood was transfered to Devon in 1842, along with the neighbouring village of Stockland.
A Small village, Dalwood features a church, village hall, country pub and nursery.
Built in the 15th Century and restored in 1881, St Peter's Church features some early stained glass windows and is located at the centre of the village, adjacent to the village hall and opposite The Tuckers Arms, the 12th Century village pub.
Learn more about the history of Dalwood at dalwoodhistory.co.uk